Road Traffic Accidents
Road traffic accidents don't just involve car drivers. They involve passengers, motorcyclists, cyclists and pedestrians.
If you've been in a road traffic accident, it's likely that your insurance company has passed your details to one of their panel solicitors and recommended that you use them. You may not realise, however, that you don't have to use them.
Also, you may not be aware that sometimes although you instruct them, it is ultimately the decision of the insurance company whether they will allow your case to continue, and if for some reason they don't feel that you've a good case, they'll refuse to fund it.
Claims Advice Service
The Law Society of Northern Ireland has launched a 'Claims Advice Service' in partnership with some of Northern Ireland's leading insurance companies. It offers motorists a comprehensive service if they have been involved in a road traffic accident.
That means that Armstrong Solicitors will now be in a position to offer motorists a service which will arrange for the repair and replacement of their damaged vehicle. They will also have the reassurance that the cost of car hire and repair of their vehicle will not be met by them.
Most importantly the new Claims Advice Service provides motorists with the knowledge that their solicitor will deal with their motoring requirements as well as offering invaluable legal advice following their accident.
If you've been involved in a Road Traffic Accidents, here's what you need to do:
- Call the emergency services in necessary - 999.
- Move away from the damaged cars to somewhere safe.
- Call the police if anyone is injured.
- Obtain registration numbers of all vehicles involved.
- Exchange information with the other party(ies) involved; (Names, addresses, telephone numbers, insurance info i.e. name of insurance company and policy number)
- Get the names, addresses and telephone numbers of any witnesses.
- Take pictures of the accident using a digital camera or mobile phone (try to take the damage to the vehicles, the position of the vehicles, and the general road layout. You can never take too many pictures).
- Call us immediately on (028) 90 855 955.
Funding Your Case
Legal Aid is available for numerous types of claim. A quick chat with our claims solicitor will tell you whether or not you may be eligible or partly eligible for Legal Aid.
We also offer a fixed fee service for the initial stages of your case. This covers you up to the point that the other driver's insurer makes a decision on liability.
Here's how the service is made up:
- Our fee: £250 + VAT
- Copy of GP notes (if required): £50 approx.
- Medical Report: £200 approx.
We offer flexible payment options to allow you to make payments as your case progresses, therefore avoiding a large bill to pay all at once.
Contact us now or request a call back from a qualified claims solicitor for an initial conversation.